Friday, September 30, 2011

Bones

My bones are cold and aching
set like stone inside my skin
they rattle when the wind blows
dragging me down from within.
I'm heavy with the weight of you
though I left you by the shore
your whisper sings to me in the night,
calling out for more.
You're the one mistake I can't erase
one with no justifying words
So many parts of me belong to you,
so many that it's absolutely absurd.
And the worst part is you weren't even real,
you were some imaginary dream.
A surreal and intoxicating splendor
and it makes me want to scream.
I guess I've just never felt so human,
never felt so utterly alone.
I'm not hopeless; I'm just hoping, someday,
I can shake you from my bones.
You don't deserve to hold on
to the very things that set me free.
So, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to let you go,
and for you to let me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment