
I don't even know what to say.
I feel like you're an old friend I've grown apart from and sort of forgot about, and now here we are, aged and withering away with every passing second, angry with one another for not calling or sending that birthday card, while desperately attempting to swallow the lumps in our collective throats that form when we realize how much we've missed each other...
Okay, maybe it's not that dramatic. But holy hell, it's been a long time!
Things have changed, as all things do. Former flames have been extinguished and new ones ablaze. Expectations have been challenged, truths have been disproved, and most of all, I have evolved.
But as life gets harder and the lessons more poignant, the better writing I produce. The better songwriter I become. And the more human I feel.
It's good to be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment