Friday, December 16, 2011

Untitled



you tied me up
and fed me roses
until I was pink
and frail
and with wide-eyed wonder
I let you cover
my face
with a little veil

and I waited for you
with greedy hands
and a hungry
little mouth
for love
or something similar
for anything
but doubt

but you never came
when I cried aloud
for fear of beasts
and night
when winter crept
inside my bones
and the wind blew out
the lights

so I found a way
down the stairs
and to the room
where you slept
and I kissed your mouth
and bit your lips
and for a moment, wept

for a love that had ended
on the day it was born
for an impossible,
beautiful lie
I wept for the living,
the breathing moments
that were always destined
to die

and I wept for you
for I could no longer be
your pretty
little toy
and you couldn't be
my puppeteer
my only source
of joy

you took no notice
so I wiped my face
on the corner
of your sleeve
and as I left
I almost heard
you whisper
“please don't leave”

I'll never know
if you heard me cry
if you wanted me
to go
but I always knew
you meant the best
and for that
I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment